Monday, January 16, 2012

Welcome to my world of cakes!

I tried blogging a couple of times but it turned out to be an epic fail.  I just don't think I'm the "blogger" type.  So why am I starting another blog now?  I want a centralied location where I can post all of the cakes that I make so when friend asks me "can you do this" I can sa, "Sure, I've made a cake like that already.  You can go to my blog to check it out".  Or if a friend of a friend wants me to make a cake, they can just come here to view my work.  Maybe I'll actually write things about making cakes if I one day decide to take my blogging to the next level, who knows.  For right now I'll probably just post pictures. 

A little bit about me: I'm a stay at home mom taking care of my 1 year old and have another baby on the way due in June.  I used to be an accountant and one day decided to go to culinary school for baking & pastries instead of going to get my MBA in accounting.  I made this decision because my mom had always been an excellent cake decorator and I wanted to learn as well.  I decided to go to culinary school instead of just taking cake decorating classes at the local craft store because my dream is to one day own and operate a cake shop, so I wanted to learn everything I could about baking, pastries and decorating.  Hopefully one day that dream will come true but for now I am content being the go-to cake decorator for family, friends, and friends of friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment